Being Human US /UK

Oz

Snogard schrieb:
US, bin kein O-Ton Fan :smile:
Och englischer O-Ton kann schon recht interessant sein.

Aber in meinem Fall sollte ich eine Serie besser zuerst auf Deutsch sehen. Denn ansonsten muss ich nachher andauernd im Wörterbuch nachschlagen, weil ich diverse englische Begriffe jenseits des Grundwortschatzes nicht verstehe.
Desweiteren kommt es noch darauf an wie deutlich englisch gesprochen wird.
Wenn es da ganz blöd läuft, dann verstehe ich nur die Hälfte bis gar nix (z.B. bei genuscheltem oder extrem schnell gesprochenem Englisch).

Aber nichtsdestotrotz würde ich ja schon gerne mal in die UK Version reinschauen :biggrin:
Um eben auch den direkten Vergleich zu haben (Story, Charaktere, Werwolfverwandlung und die generellen Effekte).

Nur wenn ich mir jetzt die UK Version kaufe und später kommt sie dann doch mit deutscher Tonspur raus (das wäre dann ja schon ärgerlich) :headbash:

Sesqua

Lebt noch
Hab grad 1,5 Stunden zugebracht dem Chat beizuwohnen von
Sam Witwer and Sam Huntington

Hab mal ein paar sachen rausgepickt...

BeingFans007:
Sam Witwer, what was your opinion of the vampire virus when you first found out about it? Liked? hated?
Sam Witwer @BeingFans007:
Understood it. Knew what they were saying. Knew the logistics. Knew the goal. Eventually, liked it very much because it actually pays off quite well when all is said and done.

GivingHerTheDays:
Have you watched the British version of Being Human, and if so, how did you find it?
Sam Witwer @GivingHerTheDays:
Saw the first episode before I auditioned... Then we all left it alone. After we shot the first season, I bought the box sets for everyone and we really got into it. I love it. I'm a fan. I think everyone should check it out.

AthenaLentz:
What was it like to be back at the studio to film season 3? :smile:
Sam Witwer @AthenaLentz:
Lovely to be back with old friends. Our cast truly gets along. I suppose it's a little like going to highschool... or college. ... if you liked those things.

xashleydeepiex:
what's the longest amount of hours you guys had to work this season?
Sam Witwer @xashleydeepiex:
Ummm... I thiiiiiink... 20 or 21? By the end of the season we were underwater with how much we had to shoot. It got to the point where they'd send me off with a camera crew, a guest star or two, and no director and say, "Hey man! Um... like... make sure the performances are good!"
Everyone had to pull extra shifts and double time it. Good news? I've seen em. The scenes are good!

JPFilippe7:
Will there be a Season 4?
Sam Witwer @JPFilippe7:
That's up to Syfy... And you guys, really. Really is all about how many people tune in. They love their live viewers over their DVR, but hey, we'll take what we can get.

karajwarner:
How often is one Sam confused for the other? What strategies have you implemented to avoid confusion on set?
Sam Witwer @karajwarner:
I'm Sam, he's Sammy. That system has worked out pretty well for us. ...And if it ceases to work? ...
Thunderdome.
Two Sams enter, one Sam leaves.

GivingHerTheDays:
If you could crossover Being Human with another television show, which would it be, and why?
Sam Witwer @GivingHerTheDays:
Walking Dead. So they can put a bullet in Sally's Skull.

BeingFans007:
For both of you guys, do you like working in the Supernatural Franchise? would you continue in that vein of tv in the future?
If the part is cool, hey, why not!?
Sam Huntington @BeingFans007:
Oh TOTALLY. To be honest, (and I know this sounds a little cheese), supernatural/fantasy/scifi fans are just the best. Also, they're the ones I identify with the most.

VirulentViperr:
What was the most difficult scene for you guys to film for the Season 3 Premiere? Which, by the way, was F'N AMAZING.
Sam Witwer @VirulentViperr:
It was physically punishing to be all chained up like that for 5 hours or so.
Was great to have Pellegrino there... those scenes were fun.

sinisterblogger:
....If it is a shot for shot remake of the British series, then is this going to be the last series for most of the original cast?
Sam Witwer @sinisterblogger:
I wouldn't call it a shot for shot. Our first season follows the story of their first season... But a good deal of unexpected stuff happens because we do what they did in 6 episodes in our 13 episodes.
Our Season 2 and season 3 do not follow the BBC.
But lemme get real here for a sec.
The BBC show is really amazing. I love it. I also enjoyed the hell out of seeing a different cast, indeed different characters tackling very similar (at times) material. I have always believed there was room for both shows. The characters are different. They were never meant to be the same people, and therefore they make different choices. Plots veer off.
Watching the BBC series, I was fascinated by what worked better and what didn't work as well. It was more of an objective curiosity thing than any kind of competitive situation. What it comes down to is that they are ACTUALLY different shows, especially at this point.
I say try it out. Our writers took great joy in throwing in little twists in that original season 1 storyline just to mess with BBC fan's expectations. Have fun with it.
I'm just overjoyed that I'm hearing more and more from British fans (fans from England) that they like what we're doing.

BeingFans007:
Sammy, are we going to see any flashbacks of the 15 months prior to the season opener, juicy things that happened perhaps?
Sam Huntington @BeingFans007:
Just me buying a juicer and making juice with it. It's the first ever juicy yet dull flashback.
It's SAM and... oh.. oh nevermind.
... And Huntington I guess messed up and I thiiiink wasn't able to be here.
So let's forget all about him. He's dead to us.
You hear us Sammy? Dead.

BriBLee:
Is there anything you wanna see happen to your characters or wanna see them do?
Sam Huntington @BriBLee:
There's a lot of things that happen this season that I've wanted Josh to do. Stay tuned!!
Sam Witwer @BriBLee :
The things that happen this season are the things I've wanted to see from my character. This all starts with Aidan being around Human Beings... Very key. He's a better character around humans, methinks.

xashleydeepiex :
hey sam, you had to grow a beard for season. did you like having a beard? and would you consider growing another one?
Sam Witwer @xashleydeepiex:
I'd grow one if I were allowed to trim it. That beard was a month and change. No trimming... so ... ... not so great. Beard invades lips. Lips retaliates. Brings in teeth. Teeth bring in tongue. Beard brings cheeks. Checks allies itself with chin dimple.
World War Beard.

SesquaAT :
@all Have you seen the UK version and if you do what do you think about the way they are going . (Cast-change, new Story and more). Amazing Show greetings from Austria.
Sam Witwer @SesquaAT:
I've been meaning to catch up with their new cast. Haven't had the chance just yet, but I hear it's good!
InnerDarkness @Sam Witwer:
Its crazy! seriers 4 is Terminator Rise of the Vampires no joke!
Sam Witwer @SesquaAT:
LOVE the BBC version. Everyone go out and watch it!

JBeggs16:
Witwer - How long does it normally take to film an episode of Being Human?
Sam Witwer @JBeggs:
We're on a 7 day schedule... but I'll tell ya, we should really be on an 8 day and in some cases a 9 day.
We shoot two episodes at once, so those are 14 day blocks. Our last block this season was a KILLER... See below.
Good news? BIG episodes at the end. BIG ones. Big stuff happens.

GivingHerTheDays:
Completely off topic but... favourite movie of 2012?
Sam Huntington @GivingHerTheDays:
Silver Linings Playbook. Great flick.

Anzer:
Is aidan infected now that he was fed on ?
Sam Witwer @Anzer:
he is not. No blood contact with Atlee (thank goodness)...
But this is something he now has to worry about from here on in.

Quelle: io9.com

ganzer Chat hier:
http://io9.com/5976216/being-human-qa-draft

Mr.Anderson

Kleriker
Früher fand ich die UK-Serie mal richtig, richtig klasse. Habe allerdings aufgehört zu schauen, als bekannt wurde, dass einer der Hauptdarsteller für den Hobbit "gedwarft"wurde und somit nicht mehr für die vierte Staffel zur Verfügung stand. Damit war die Serie tot. Wenn ich jetzt sehe, dass in der fünfte Staffel eigentlich der komplette Cast ausgetauscht wurde, war die Entscheidung bestimmt nicht falsch. Die US-Fassung habe ich nach der Hälfte der ersten Staffel aufgegeben. Mir gefiel die UK-Serie einfach viel besser, ausserdem wurde ich mit den neuen Darstellern einfach nicht richtig warm. Schade.

Sesqua

Lebt noch
Also ich würd ja sagen catch up mit der UK. Der neue Cast gefällt und die Story: Vampirapokalypse :wink:
Und es war einer meiner emotionalen Tage wie der alte cast goodbye sagte.

Und wuuuuhu!!! Combobreaker in BeingHuman Thread das ich das erleb :squint:

Mr.Anderson

Kleriker
Hmmm, wenn das so ist, sollte ich der Serie wohl doch noch mal eine Chance geben. Der neue Vampir soll also wirklich besser sein, als Mitchell? Kann ich mir zwar nicht vorstellen, muss aber überprüft werden. Wenn man bedenkt, dass mir die Serie mal so wichtig war, dass ich die zweite und dritte Staffel sogar gesubbt habe, sollte ich vielleicht wirklich noch mal auf den Zug aufspringen. US habe ich übrigens auch gesubbt, das war aber reine Quälerei(vor allem weil ich gleichzeitig Season 3 UK gesubbt habe), daher habe ich es nach einer halben Staffel beendet.

Sesqua

Lebt noch
Ich könnt ja sagen lies dich durch die beiträge :squint: aber ich kann dir ein Fazit geben:

rückblickend betrachtet
BH UK 1 7/10
BH UK 2 5/10 (die Wolfstory war mir zu langezogen)
BH UK 3 8/10
BH UK Neuer Cast 4 8/10 (wobei auch die abschiede großartig waren)
BH UK 5 beginnt nächste Woche und ich freu mich! :wink:

BH US 1 4/10
BH US 2 6/10
BH US 3 (grad in Folge 3) wertung für 2 Folgen 7.5/10 (ich mag den Plot und das sie sich jetzt von UK abgekapselt haben)

US wirkt wie eine Parallelwelt. Zwar gleichen Ursprungs (man nehme Season 1) doch durch ein zwei Änderungen nun auf anderen Pfaden. Vorallem das in UK nun ein anderer Cast ist und es doch etwas reizt zu verfolgen wie sich der "Parallel Cast" macht da die US version ja noch mit dem Ursprünglichen Chars arbeitet.

Sesqua

Lebt noch
Oh Boy das tut fast weh. Grad noch Lob ich die US Adaption für ihren Weg den sie eingeschlagen haben und jetzt sah ich grad 5xo1 von UK. Die Story ist einfach um so viel besser. Und im direkt Vergleich von Hal du Aiden ist Hal viel mehr glaubwürdiger. Allein der Kampf mit sich und sein Wesen wirkt so viel mehr. Ok man sollte Aiden eher mit Mitchell vergleichen. Aber ich sag's gern dazu der neue Vamp is einfach viel authentischer.

Staffelauftakt is auf jeden fall sehr fein und ich will mehr :smile: sofort.
8.5/10 bad girls :wink:

Sesqua

Lebt noch
Toby Whithouse discusses the conclusion of #BeingHuman: http://bbc.in/WQC1m0

UPDATED: Sad news blog now features video interview with @DamienMolony, @KateBracken & @MichaelSocha http://bbc.in/VY82XK #BeingHuman

There's a cute interview with the @bbcbeinghuman cast here http://bbc.in/Xqd5Oq and a thing I did about series 5 here http://bit.ly/VEBgyc

@bbcbeinghuman @bbcbeinghuman @bbcthree Why did you end being human 7k is still quite a lot of viewers more than other shows

Being Human Series 5 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HAKP1ObmI

Clive77

Serial Watcher
Esum schrieb:
beeing tripple poster
Hmm, Esum, ich mische mich ja nur ungern in die Aufgaben eines Mods ein, aber stelle mir mittlerweile öfter mal die Frage, weshalb Du Posts wie den oben zitierten von Dir gibst. So'n Tripple-Post oder Quadruple, Pentuple, Hexuple, Was-weiß-ich-wieviel-Post kommt doch öfter mal vor, wenn man eine Serie verfolgt und den Rest der Leserschaft für eine Serie begeistern möchte. Oder einfach nur Infos gibt. Ist das sooo schlimm, dass man als Mod eingreifen muss?

Bambi

hat verrückte Rehkitzideen
Da war man mal am überlegen doch mal mit Being Human UK anzufangen und denn erfährt man wird eingestellt, da freut sich das kleine Reh das Death in Paradise ne 3 Staffel bekommt...

Sesqua

Lebt noch
@Bambi du kannst mit BH UK gerne anfangen. Hat ein Rundes Ende :smile:

37 folgen aka 5 Staffeln mit runden Ende (serien Ende Mai 2013)
Die Serie is sehr an Low Budget gebaut aber ich find die unheimlich sympathisch.
Erwart dir in Season 1 (6folgen) nicht all zu viel Schaupieler Künste (Für viele Schauspieler eine der ersten Rollen überhaupt)

Whovian Trivia: Alonsy Alonso spielt in Werwolf und Toby Whitehouse ist der Erfinder der Serie.

In Being Human versuchen ein Vampir ein Werwolf und ein Geist ein normales Leben zu führen. Soweit der Plot.

Wird als Supernatural Comedie-Drama bezeichnet. Obwohl eher die Situationscomic wirkt.

Oben