The Leftovers - Lindelof

odins_erbe

2. Staffel, 1. Folge gesehen. Hab lange darauf gewartet. Mir hat die erste Staffel schon auserordentlich gut gefallen. Die zweite Staffel fängt meiner Meinung nach noch besser an. Einzig der Soundtrack, der viel für die Stimmung in Staffel 1 getan hat, fehlt hier etwas. Ich freu mich auf die nächsten Folgen. Ich bin kein religiöser Mensch aber die Serie zieht mich in ihren Bann.

Noermel

2.02 "A Matter of Geography"

The Garveys moved to Miracle this week, as Kevin - on the cusp of happiness - began to deal with a troublesome guest.

Die etwas doch verwirrende Auftaktfolge macht nun viel mehr Sinn.
Ansonsten:

“You treat me like I don’t exist,”
“I do exist. I need you to talk to me.”

„Please don't fuck this up, dad.“ ob das was wird hhmm :huh: :unsure:

Was soll man da sagen ausser vielleicht:
“Uh-oh,”

Noermel

"They like my book."

Off Ramp" was exceptional, taking us back into the sad, soul-sapping arms of the Guilty Remnant and all the irrevocably damaged people who find solace within its ranks (or whatever depressing term you'd use for that particular brand of "giving up on life"). Haunting, moving, and thought-provoking.

Crazy shit as always :plemplem:

Noermel

The Leftovers delivered a powerful, revealing episode as we headed back to Miracle for the aftermath of what might turn out to be the town's first-ever Departure event.

"She was taking a shit on him, Kevin."
"I was married to that asshole for 17 years and not once did he ever ask me to take a shit on him." :thumbsup: :ugly:
Ich kann einfach nicht mehr

Einfach spitze diese Serie :squint:

„Never Gonna Give You Up“

Lindelof FTW

Noermel

The Leftovers just won’t stop kicking the rest of television’s ass
"Lens" turned the pressure up in Miracle, creating a righteous rift between Nora and Erika over the Evie tragedy. Strong performances and great storytelling have become a Season 2 calling card and this chapter was no exception.

Zu schade das hier so wenig los ist :unsure:
Die Serie hätte wirklich mehr Aufmerksamkeit verdient.

Constance

Anscheinend nicht :/ kannst du mir mal benennen, in welche Richtung sich diese Serie bewegt. Religiöser Kram ist jetzt nicht mein Fav. :biggrin:

Noermel

Kenne eig keine andere Serie die man hiermit direkt vergleichen könnte.
Erwarte das unerwartete :w00t: :thumbup:

Es ist einfach was eigenständiges was sich von allen anderen Serien abhebt. Langweilig wirds jedenfalls nie.
Nur nach einem Sinn sollte man nicht suchen.

Oh ach ja allein wegen Justin Theroux lohnt es sich :biggrin:

Noermel

The Leftovers issues its first true test of faith

In another fantastic episode, Kevin resorted to drastic measures in order to cure his "Patti" problem.

OMG WTF die letzten 5min :blink: :blink: :blink:
Ein üblerer Magenschlag als das Ende dieser Folge wird in diesem Serienjahr wohl nicht mehr zu finden geben.

Und nur noch 3 Folgen :crying:

Noermel

Abstrakte Kunst in Serienform anders kann man das hier nicht beschreibe.

Masterpiece
“International Assassin” is the most polarizing episode of the most polarizing show, a stress test of an episode that pushes the boundaries of the show’s premise and expands its universe in a way that not everyone will respond favorably to. It’s also the episode that bears the most striking resemblance to Lost, specifically the series finale, which revealed that the much of the final season had taken place in a reality-adjacent netherworld. (It’s more than coincidence that the episode was written by Lindelof and Nick Cuse, son of Lindelof’s Lost collaborator Carlton Cuse.) There are echoes of Jack Shephard in “International Assassin,” with Kevin as the tragic hero seeing visions of his father as he tries to find his way home from a weird, magical world of symbols that exists outside of space and time. It’s an incredibly thoughtful and generous hour of television, packed with enough nuances and easter eggs to keep superfans freeze-framing for years to come. But it’s ultimately a scenic detour, however breathtaking, and like the final season of Lost, the argument against it comes down whether it’s a detour worth taking.
The official tagline for the first season of The Leftovers was “We’re still here,” while this season’s tagline is “Begin again.” The unofficial tagline of The Leftovers—then, now, and probably forever—is “Your mileage may vary.” This is undoubtedly the most polarizing television show on the air, and Damon Lindelof is keenly aware of it.

“Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly”

odins_erbe

Constance schrieb:
Anscheinend nicht :/ kannst du mir mal benennen, in welche Richtung sich diese Serie bewegt. Religiöser Kram ist jetzt nicht mein Fav. :biggrin:

Am besten funktioniert die Serie wenn man anfällig für Melancholie ist :biggrin: . Bei harten Fällen kann die Serie dich schonmal in Depressionen stürtzen :ugly: , will sagen sie ist sehr Charackterdriven und es geht hier weniger um das "Wie und Warum", obwohl immer mal wieder kleine Hinweise gestreut werden, wohl um die Mysteriefans bei Laune zu halten. Religion spielt schon eine Rolle. Ich kann mit Religion auch so überhaupt nichts anfangen, was jedoch der Serie keinen Abbruch tut. Ich sehe es als Stilmittel.

Noermel

Who knew Liv Tyler could be so terrifying?! :mellow: :blink:

Of course The Leftovers introduced us to a wild new danger just one chapter away from the finale. On a season filled with brilliant, haunting left turns
the Leftovers once again excellent steered us in a new direction. One though that worked to connect everything everything we'd seen so far. And the GR had taken enough of a back seat this year that I was totally fine with them (or at least Meg's version of them) returning to once again play the "big bad" here. With another dangerous stunt designed to inflict misery.

Evie WTF diese Show :wacko:

Noermel

No one is spared

The Leftovers leaves Season 2 on a high note filled with brilliance, beauty, and bedlam.

"I Live Here Now" many not have been able to give everyone their due, but considering how much more there was going on here, and how many more character there were to service, compared to the Season 2 finale, I think this one was still a triumph. Just a soul-squeezing journey from start to finish, filled with truly memorable and moving moments.

Was eine geile Staffel und was ein unfassbar gutes Finale das alles von Anfang aufgebaute perfekt abrundet.
Und wie geil bitte war der 2te Trip von Kevin ins Half life Hotel :plemplem:

Das ist keine Serie mehr das ist ein Erlebnis für sich selbst.

Warum zum Teufel war Justin Theroux nicht schon früher in Serien :thumbsup: :thumbup:. Der lässt selbst Rami Malek alt aussehen.
Theroux's face and body are so classically gorgeous that even if he were a lump being posed by directors, he's be thrilling to watch; but throughout season two of The Leftovers, he was also rigorously honest in his choices, conveying the most powerful emotions with the most economical gestures.
Überhaupt sehe ich hier nur Emmy würdige Leistungen in der Serie.

Hoffe sehr auf S3 :squint: :squint: :squint:
und falls nicht da hat jemand eine tolle Idee : If HBO cancels the show, I propose a fan campaign in which we dress in all white and silently smoke outside HBO’s corporate headquarters in Manhattan. I’m not a smoker so I’ll be sucking a Blow Pop and holding an incense stick, but the visual impact will be just as powerful.

Und diese Musik :love: :crying:

Schorsch

Wow, ich kann nicht mal sagen warum ich die Serie so gottverdammt geil finde.

Hab die beiden Staffeln in echt kürzester Zeit verschlungen. Davor hab ich mich immer gesträubt anzufangen, aber nach der ersten Folge folgten gleich viele mehr.

Die gesamte Musikuntermalung finde ich klasse, auch wenn es zu großen Teil Stücke sind, die ich niemals außer Kontext hören würde.
Die Charakter sind so ziemlich das Herzstück der Serie und sind allesamt klasse. Klar, die Story ist schon ziemlich Banane, aber funktioniert irgendwie trotzdem.

Geiler Ritt, freue mich auf Staffel 3 :biggrin:

Noermel

Schorsch schrieb:
Wow, ich kann nicht mal sagen warum ich die Serie so gottverdammt geil finde.

Hab die beiden Staffeln in echt kürzester Zeit verschlungen. Davor hab ich mich immer gesträubt anzufangen, aber nach der ersten Folge folgten gleich viele mehr.

Die gesamte Musikuntermalung finde ich klasse, auch wenn es zu großen Teil Stücke sind, die ich niemals außer Kontext hören würde.
Die Charakter sind so ziemlich das Herzstück der Serie und sind allesamt klasse. Klar, die Story ist schon ziemlich Banane, aber funktioniert irgendwie trotzdem.

Geiler Ritt, freue mich auf Staffel 3 :biggrin:

Absolut :thumbsup:

IGN has named The Leftovers the "Best TV Series" of 2015.

Presko

Die ersten beiden Staffeln waren wirklich top. Einig Liv Tyler fing an, mich etwas zu nerven. Die Serie findet auch das richtige Mass zwischen Klarheit, Offenheit und völligem "Was soll das jetzt?".
Das Ende von S02 war super. Einerseits ein befriedigender Abschluss andererseits bleibt genügend offen - so muss das gehen.

Oben