Thief ~ Michael Mann

Butch

Thief - Der Einzelgänger (1981)

Mit seinem Debut Film zeigte Michael Mann schon lange vor seinem Gernre Meilenstein "Heat" welche Klasse er hat. Thief gehört sicher zu seinen besten Werken und einige hier im Forum sind sogar der Meinung das Thief sogar Michael Manns wahres Meisterwerk ist und sogar Heat übertrifft.

Story (OFDB) :

Elf Jahre musste der Gangster Frank (James Caan) im Gefängnis absitzen. Doch nun ist er schon seit einigen Jahren draußen und führt ein tolles Leben. Er verdient sich zwar immer noch seinen Lebensunterhalt mit Einbrüchen, doch wird er nun nicht mehr geschnappt. Er verliebt sich in die Wirtin Jill (Tuesday Weld), die er auch heiratet. Doch als er sich mit dem Gangsterboß Leo (Robert Prosky) einlässt, wird er plötzlich wieder von der Polizei gejagt...

Noermel

So hab jetzt " Thief " mal nachgeholt. Ja man merkt typisch Mann mit den Aufnahmen von Chicago dazu der absolut einzigartig und unfassbar gute Soundtrack von Tangerin Dream :top:
Der Hans Zimmer der Elektro- Soundtracks da fällt dir nichts mehr dazu ein außer EPIC ! Gibt wohl keine besser Musik um Nachts durch eine Großstadt zu fahren.

Thief is ground-zero for Michael Mann--his origin story
One last big job and then he's out for good. Frank (Caan) is a master jewel thief operating under the same illusion as the gangsters, dealers and hitmen of a thousand films before him, and it's a story we know far too well to ever think that it can end happily. Ultimately, they'll either pull him back in or wipe him out.

Robert Prosky kannte ich eig nur als den netten Onkel von Gremlins 2.....usw..... well :huh:
"Look. I said fuckin' look at 'im! Look at what happened to ya friend 'cause you gotta go against the way the things go down. You treat what I try to do for you like shit? You don't wanna work for me, what's wrong with you? And then, you carry a piece, in my house! You one of those burned-out demolished wackos in the joint? You're scary, because you don't give a fuck. But don't come onto me now with your jailhouse bullshit 'cause you are not that guy, dont'chu get it, you prick? You got a home, car, businesses, family, n' I own the paper on ya whole fuckin' life. I'll put ya cunt wife on the street to be fucked in the ass by niggers and Puerto Ricans. Ya kids mine because I bought 'it. You got 'im on loan, he is leased, you are renting him. I'll whack out ya whole family. People'll be eatin' 'em in their lunch tomorrow in their Wimpyburgers and not know it. You get paid what I say. You do what I say, I run you, there is no discussion. I want, you work, until you are burned-out, you are busted, or you're dead… you get it? You got responsibilities - tighten up n' do it. Clean this mess up, get 'im outta here. Back to work, Frank." :mellow: absoluter Alptraum.

Caan ist wie De Niro von Anfang an doomed :unsure: :wacko:

Oben