Fast & Furious 8: The Fate of the Furious ~ Vin Diesel [Kritik]

TheRealNeo

NEWS

Vin DIesel bringt nun bei Facebook Rob Cohen (THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS, STEALTH, TRIPLE X) ins Gespräch...und sich selbst. :wink:

It is no secret that my good friend Justin and I have been very intensely discussing the trilogy, as we have dreamed it for almost a decade. We know that when we re-team we will shock the world. It is also no secret that he is finishing Trek for JJ and won’t be done in time for us to make the date the studio wanted me to announce of April 14th 2017.

This would leave 8 without an obvious go to director…

I will share something crazy that my mother said six months ago after the studio had me announce the date for 8 to the world… “ Either you direct 8 yourself... or don’t do it.” Some of you vinbook pioneers are all too familiar with my mother’s wisdom, as I have posted her sayings in the past on Our page… but I wrote it off as just a mother’s love and belief in me, though she has seen first hand what I've done to make these movies defy expectations and become increasingly successful, even when the studio thought I was crazy... haha.

Back to the matter of 8… First and most importantly is the SCRIPT, which has to be great. Hopefully the writer will deliver something within the next two weeks… before my Witch Hunter press tour begins. There has always been the desire by Paul to have Rob direct one more, this is what fueled my campaign… I believe that he can and would reset the franchise nicely, returning to what was the core of the film in the beginning... racing. He would also handle the Brian O’connor issue with integrity, given that he and David Ayer were the ones who initially created that beloved character in the first place.

Ultimately we all want the best film to honor what we have created and what you the audience has adopted as your favorite franchise. I will leave this matter in the studios hands for a moment while I release The Last Witch Hunter and start production of the long awaited “Xander Returns”.

Again, we make these films with Our hearts.

Diego de la Vega

Not Yet Rated
Rob Cohen hat doch schon ewig nichts auch nur im Ansatz brauchbares gemacht. Nope, auch wenn er den Start gab, es gibt bessere Wege 200 Millionen Dollar zu verbrennen.

Diego de la Vega

Not Yet Rated
NEWS
Tja, Vin mag Rob Cohen wollen (oder auch nicht), aber das Studio soll andere Leute ins Auge gefasst haben. So wurde demnach bereits ein Jaume Collet-Serra (Non-Stop) angefragt, konnte aber zeitlich nicht. Nun sollen Ericson Core (Regie beim Point Break Remake, und Kamera beim ersten Fast) und Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me) möglich sein. Weitere Kandidaten gäbe es aber sicherlich ebenso. Nur Cohen sei keine Option.
http://www.slashfilm.com/furious-8-director-vin-diesel/#more-317028

Dr Knobel

Sie nannten ihn Aufsteiger
Diesel hat Cohen doch nur ins Spiel gebracht, weil doch klar war, dass das Studio ablehnen würde. Louis Leterrier ist aus Studiosicht eine nachvollziehbare Wahl und generell für so ein Mainstram-Bombast nicht der schlechteste Vertreter seiner Zunft. Aber sollte der nicht für Sony einen Hai-Film machen?

Slevin

SOC noch nicht gesehen, aber die anderen beiden sind gute Filme, die ja auch schon Rache und Verfolgungsjagden ordentlich behandelt haben. Gray wäre eine gute Wahl denke ich.

Clive77

Serial Watcher
F. Gary Gray hat sich nun selbst als Regisseur von Furious 8 bestätigt. Quelle: Deadline.
F. Gary Gray made it official today, confirming via Twitter that he will direct Universal’s Furious 8. The studio and the Straight Outta Compton helmer have been working to close a deal over the past three days after beginning negotiations Monday.

brawl 56

Ich bin auf 13 Sternen zum Tode verurteilt!
Furious & Fast 9
Fastfurious 10
Furiousfast 11
FF 12
FAFU 13
FUFA 14
FFAU 15

Wie weit kann man das noch treiben?

Oben